Isaac Fast Facts
– Isaac is 4 years old.
– Isaac loves letters and numbers, colors and shapes. He can tell you what numbers are odd and what numbers are even up to 12. He loves putting sets of numbers and letters in order and likes playing with the patterns he finds in numbers.
– Isaac also likes chess sets and knows the name of the chess pieces and where they go on the board. The rules of the game? He doesn’t care too much about that, and if you try to play chess while he’s around, he’ll put the pieces back where they “belong”. ;)
– Isaac loves the beach. When we are at the beach he rolls around in the sand, and he jumps and dances by the waves. I LOVE watching him at the beach. It’s so, so lovely.
– Isaac was recently diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
– Isaac is in his second year of the Special Needs preschool that Andrew attended. We cannot believe how much progress this little guy has made. We are particularly taken with how much his speech has grown and how much more aware he seems.
– Isaac receives Speech Therapy. He has some mild echolalia, which means he often repeats what you said back to you (“Isaac, do you want to go to the park?” “You want to go to the park!”). Pronouns confound him. ;) But his vocabulary and sentence structure has grown tremendously.
– Isaac also receives Occupational and Physical Therapy. He has some strange sensory needs that seem to come and go (usually we see them more when he is stressed)…and his motor skills are somewhat delayed.
– Isaac is a recovering vegetable-hater because he has an extremely sneaky and stubborn mama who sneaks pureed pumpkin in his oatmeal and kale in his smoothies.
– Isaac has taught us so much about what is important and what is hogwash…what to spend time on and what doesn’t matter. God knew exactly what he was doing when he crafted this beautiful boy. I just wish God had crafted him potty-trained.