1. Isaac’s kindergarten placement. He was suppose to be observed yesterday by folks from the program Andrew is in…but they needed to reschedule for next week. Gosh this process is nerve-wracking.
2. Today is Pajama Day at Isaac’s school. He was so excited about this, that he had me record it on our family calendar. Yesterday on our walk to school, he asked me “What’s the next holiday, Mommy?” “Easter!”, I replied. “No.” he said, “It’s Pajama Day! Pajama Day is in February.” Happy Pajama Day, everyone!
3. Isaac’s potty training. Potty training Isaac takes patience, consistency, a team of people, and creative thinking. We are SOOO close. But…still not all the way there. The hardest part has been getting him to buy in. His pediatrician told me that potty training is a pretty socially based skill…most kids want to use to the potty because they see other people doing it. OR…they don’t like feeling wet. But Isaac could really give a lick about what other people are doing. And he doesn’t seem to mind being wet. BUT…he DOES care about playing Mario on the Wii at night after a successful day of potty use. So we keep tweaking our rewards system to match potty-related goals.
4. Speaking of potties…I learned this week that Andrew uses the bathroom at school by himself (instead of being escorted by a teacher) and he had a minor incident with another boy in the bathroom (the other boy was just teasing Andrew that Andrew didn’t wash his hands and he was going to tell Andrew’s teacher)…and it got me worried if Andrew would know what to do if something more serious happened in the unsupervised bathroom. My mom and I spent some time thinking through the worst-possible-case-scenarios that could happen in boys’ bathrooms in elementary school. I don’t recommend thinking that through. At all. Yuck!!
5. Also wondering how much my blog readers like reading about little boys and potties while looking at photos of delicious muffins. How would you rate this experience? ;)
6. Isaac rates the experience of coming home to Almond Poppy Seed Muffins as: more please!