– It certainly doesn’t feel like Halloween. It feels like we are stuck in a time warp. The kids are still home and the trains are still down.
– But…it IS Halloween, so we are going to make the spookiest of it.
– We’ve become local news junkies binging on NY1…which really only covers the city itself with an occasional update on New Jersey. And really? New Jersey got it worse than anybody, as far as I can tell. :(
– There is a neighborhood in Queens that completely burned down. Over 80 homes were destroyed. I just can’t imagine that.
– The night of the hurricane the winds were so strong and SO LOUD that we moved our mattress into the dining room because I couldn’t sleep with all of that noise. I didn’t really think anything would be blown into the window…although something could have! but the noise was pretty unbelievable.
– We went for a walk yesterday to see some of neighborhood. We saw trees and lightposts down, ripping up sections of the sidewalk. But compared to what we are seeing in Staten Island, Queens and New Jersey…we very lightly hit.
– Everyone I know of in the area all seem to be fine. A few are without power, but everyone seems a-okay. So…that’s good at least! :)
– And so with that…we celebrate Halloween!