1. My kids love pigs lately. When we went to the Hot Air Balloon Festival last weekend, we stopped in at the show tents where farmers brought some livestock to show off and my kids LOVED the pigs. I take them to the zoo and they show no signs of interest at the lions, giraffes or gorillas…but the pigs at the fair?! Now THAT is fun!
2. I decided to make fancy cookies for the boys to bring on their last days of camp. Isaac’s last day was yesterday and Andrew’s is today. During Isaac’s end of camp celebration, the pig cookies were clear favorites. Kids would ask unsuspecting parents for a pig cookie after seeing their friend with one and the parents would ask “ummm…ARE there pig cookies?” oh you bet there are! Andrew can’t wait to show off the pig cookies to his new friends. (poor frog cookies. so unappreciated!)
3. This week I finished the book To Kill A Mockingbird. I’m embarrassed to admit I’ve never read it. I can’t BELIEVE I’ve never read it. I LOVED it. Now I’m reading The Mockingbird Next Door which is about Harper Lee’s life after Mockingbird was published. Also, so good! I’ve been reading up a storm lately! I love it. :)
4. August is here. Dave is home. Dave got in during the wee hours of the morning, and when I woke up the boys this morning to tell them Daddy is home, Isaac responded with equally exciting information “It’s August!” August is no camps and no school and some lazy-days-ing.
5. Dave is home! After a fiasco at the airport after they gave away his seat. And after sitting on a parked plane for two hours while mechanics replaced a broken part…he finally made it out of London and got home. And…he brought presents! sweet!
6. This summer Andrew and I are watching So You Think You Can Dance together. He’s all signed up for another year of ballet which will start in the fall and I’m on the sidelines waiting for him to loose interest. But he doesn’t. Whenever ballet class comes up he has nothing but good things to say. I’ve loved watching SYTYCD with him. He gets so excited about the acrobatics these dancers can do.
7. Thanks for your kind comments about my anxious summer. I’ve settled down somewhat. But come September I’m sure it’ll flare back up. :) Oh Motherhood.
8. I’m hoping for a rockin’ weekend with Dave back in town. There better lots of fun! :)