1. This week the kids were reluctant to head back to school after winter break.
2. This week I went to another ASD support group meeting at the boys’ school and I met a few more parents that I am hoping to get to know a little.
3. This week I took Andrew to the dentist, learned he has a cavity and made another appointment for a filling. I also learned that we should be looking into orthodontists for him as early as next year (!).
4. This week I made an appointment for Isaac to see the dentist and then sent nervous emails to his teacher about how to prep him for it. I can’t imagine that it’ll go well. The last time I tried taking him to the dentist all he would do was stick out his tongue. sigh. I’ve since found a dentist that is an expert with kiddos and works GREAT with Andrew. But…Isaac? help!
5. This week Dave had some friends over to experiment with different destructive methods that can be applied to video tape and then learn how the damage affects the tape’s playback. But before they set about destroying things, they all saw Andrew’s latest cardboard box invention and watched him do a complex trick in minecraft…which they seemed to be genuinely impressed by. My takeaway? Dave’s friends are VERY gracious. :)
6. This week I’ve been loving watching Jimmy Fallon on the Tonight Show and sadly cringing a little while watching Seth Meyers take over Late Night. I want it to work out for Seth Meyers so badly! But, I just don’t know yet…
7. Today I am taking the boys to a new barber to try to repair the horrendous haircuts they got a few weeks back. Here’s hoping old school Brooklyn comes through for me. This place comes highly recommended and is near ballet class…so I have high hopes for stylish looks and easy access.
8. No plans yet for the weekend, except for eating these Banana Whoopie Pies. Curious to see how it’ll take shape. Hope yours is a good one!