Andrew Fast Facts:
– Andrew is 7 years old.
– Andrew loves science. Science books, science kits, science class. He loves knowing how things work…how the Mars Rover landed safely on Mars, how his cells needs oxygen, how paper is made, how gravity works.
– Andrew also loves numbers. His favorite numbers are infinity, googol and googol-plex. As in “Mommy I love you googol-plex percent!”
– Andrew is trying to learn sign language so he doesn’t need to learn Japanese to work at Nintendo. Follow that? ;)
– Andrew was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder at the age of 5. He currently goes to a regular public school, but in a special program for kids like him. There are 6 kids in his class. They all have the same or similar diagnoses but are functioning at grade level academically. It’s a fantastic program and we are fortunate to live in a time and place that is so open to atypical people.
– Andrew receives Speech Therapy for social and conversational skills. His handwriting is horrendous, and luckily has an Occupational Therapist helping out with that. He also receives Physical Therapy for trunk support and balance…but he’s come a long way in those areas and won’t need PT for much longer.
– Andrew’s favorite element is Helium. Of course.
– Andrew is an EXTREMELY silly, problem solving ball of lovable energy. We are hard core fans of this kid.
Welcome!Made in Brooklyn is my place to document my creative journey, from bread to babies, cards to cakes. You are welcome to come and join me for a while.
- I stopped teaching Kindergarten in 2005 to become the mom of two crazy boys here in Brooklyn. At first I thought being a stay at home mom meant that I needed to pour all my time and energy directly into my sons, but I realized somewhere along the way that being a rockstar mom meant not only taking good care of my boys, but also taking good care of myself. And taking good care of myself means pursuing something creative...just about everyday. I started Made In Brooklyn to motivate myself in my creative goals as well as share my work with others and perhaps inspire them in their own creative journeys.
recently on Made in Brooklyn…
- ABC Thursdays
- Andrew and Isaac
- art journal
- card making
- December Daily
- kid's crafts
- lunch packing
- urban living
- week in the life project