1. Isaac did great at the dentist! All the prep work we did with him paid off! I could tell that he knew exactly what to expect AND that he felt so proud of himself for knowing what to do. We even prepped him on what flavors of tooth paste they have so he’d know which one to chose (choices are SOO hard for this little guy!). And…no cavities! Yay!
2. Things are lining up again for the Autism Awareness Poster Project that I do with the boys’ old preschool. Yesterday I sent over the first draft of the parent permission slip for review. I am so excited to be doing another round of this project!
3. And I am studying up a storm for the test I have to take to be accredited with Special Kids Photography. Hopefully I’ll be ready in the next week or two. I also need to send in five 8×10 portraits of Special Needs kids and this morning I was thinking through which ones to use. So many great faces to chose from!
4. Spring break plans are really coming together…and looks like we’ll be going to…Chicago! I’ve never been to ye ol’ Windy City and about a month ago I signed up for a photography conference taking place in that very city over Spring Break. The trick was talking the family into joining me! ;) But everyone is on board and we have begun to plan, plan, plan. And if anyone has ideas of great things to do with kids in Chicago…I am all ears!
5. After a few months of quiet hibernation, my calendar is filling up and spilling over and I have to get organized!
My kids talk about this camping trip once every few weeks. “Remember when we went camping with our cousins?” they say. “Yes! We are going again this summer!” I say. “no…let’s not go this summer.” they say. “let’s just go today.” In fact, this morning, Isaac looked at his personal calendar and told me “can you take us camping in March, Mommy?” nope. no way. too cold. You boys’ll have to wait for summer! But I have a feeling they think summer will just never come. :)